February 2024 Laptop Program
REGISTRATION OPENS: Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 10 AM central time
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Tuesday, January 23, 2024 at 10 AM central time
The Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar (IBAB) contracts with ILG 360® for the use of ILG Technologies’ ILG Exam 360® technology, which allows Illinois bar applicants to use laptop computers to type their answers to the bar examination’s written components. February 2024 examinees may register for the laptop program for a registration fee of $120. The registration fee covers the software license, technical support, supervision, and administrative costs.
When registration opens January 9th, February applicants will receive detailed instructions via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly urge you to add this email address to your contacts so that you can receive emails from Exam 360®. At that time, applicants will also be given access to the ILG Exam 360® portal via their IBAB user homepages.
After registration opens, you must download and install Exam 360® on the laptop you will use at the bar exam. After you have installed the software, you will complete the Trial Exam and upload it. You MUST install the software and upload the Trial Exam by Tuesday, January 23, 2024, at 10 AM central time or your Exam 360® account will be deactivated, and you will handwrite the February 2024 bar exam.
When do I upload my answers?
- You are required to upload your answers by the deadline listed below. You may upload any time prior to the deadline.
- EXAM UPLOAD DEADLINE: 2:00 AM central time February 28, 2024. This deadline may differ slightly if you are an applicant testing under nonstandard testing accommodations (NTA)
Will there be Internet Connectivity at the Test Site?
- We will NOT have wireless internet connection at the examination sites. It will be your responsibility to gain access to an internet connection at some other location and upload your answer files.
Do I use a backup method to save my answer files on exam day?
- The Board does not permit applicants to create or submit backup copies of answer files on USB memory sticks, or in any other manner.
Are there character limits for my answers on the actual bar exam?
- No. There are no word or character limits for any MPT or MEE answers. Applicants may continue to type within a test session's allotted time with no character limitations.
Can I bring a backup laptop to the exam?
- No. Bringing a backup laptop to the exam is not permitted. ILG Exam360® technicians will be available to provide on-site technical assistance during the exam. NO EXTRA TIME OR OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE RELIEF WILL BE GRANTED in the event of technical problems or laptop failure during the exam or in the event that an exam file is deleted or otherwise altered.
Can I bring an external keyboard and external mouse to the exam?
- You may bring an external keyboard and external mouse to the exam. A mouse pad is not permitted.
Will I receive paper test booklets containing the exam questions if I am using my laptop?
- Yes, you will receive paper test booklets containing the exam questions.
Will I be able to use spellcheck?
- Yes, spellcheck with suggestions will be enabled within Exam360®.
Will I be able to plug my laptop in at the exam?
- Yes, you will be able to plug your laptop into a power strip. ATTENTION MAC USERS: If you have a Mac with the below power adaptor, we strongly urge you to bring a small extension cord under 12 inches in length with you (pictured below). The Mac power adaptor takes up too much space on a power strip that you must share with other examinees who have the same need to plug in their laptop.
Click here to view all announcements »